October 25, 2019
BWUMC Office Manager
Belmont-Watertown United Methodist Church is a two-campus church with the main office located in Belmont. There is a full-time pastor and a part-time music director, with an average Sunday attendance of 75. The office manager provides administrative and operational management for the BWUMCcongregation, facility, and staff, and manages the custodian.
The position is 12-15 hours per week and can be flexible with the schedule determined by the office manager and the pastor. The office hours will normally be held in Belmont but there may be a need to go to Watertown on occasion.
The salary will be determined based on experience ($20-$25/hr). BWUMC provides three weeks of vacation annually.
Essential Job Qualities
• Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information
• Strong organizational, prioritization skills, and attention to detail
• Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
• Excellent interpersonal skills; positive and flexible
• Strong computer skills and ability to learn programs as necessary
• Ability to work in a team environment and maintain a pleasant disposition
• Ability to handle simultaneous projects; work independently and efficiently
• Ability to notice and take care of what needs to be done
Roles and Duties
• Worship – prepare weekly bulletin and PowerPoint, coordinating with pastor and music director, schedule liturgists and other volunteers as needed, at Christmas and Easter coordinate flowers with chair of worship committeeand special music with music director
• Communication – prepare a monthly bulletin, send out blasts via Realm (church software), answer phone and emails and handle requests, sort mail, assist with requests from the pastor, produce annual report, compile annual conference statistics, update website, make copies andupdate the bulletin boards and information table
• Computer software – use Gmail, Google Drive, Google Calendar, Microsoft Office and Realm (church software), upload worship videos to YouTube and church website
• Finance – enter pledge payments into Realm and send out year-end tax letters; additional financial management tasks may be added in consultation with the pastor, the treasurer, and the office manager
• Building – schedule building use and coordinate calendar for multiple buildings, manage building users, schedule building repairs and town inspections as needed by trustees, communicate with custodian for building set-up needs, communicate with trustee about building use, and order supplies (office, custodial, coffee hour)
• Administration – file paper records, keep office organized, process background checks, email and print curriculum each week, identify child-care volunteers each week, purchase supplies
• Other – help organize funeral services, congregational and conference events, meet one-on-one with pastor, attend staff meetings, assist committee chairs with their programs
Belmont-Watertown United Methodist Church is a reconciling congregation and welcomes all, regardless of age, race, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, economic status, and mental and physical abilities.
Contact: Rev. Gary Richards
421 Common St Belmont MA 02478