Church Music Director/Organist
June 25, 2018
Church Music Director/Organist
Milford United Methodist Church, Milford, NH
Part time, year round, available immediately
Milford United Methodist Church (MUMC) is looking for a dynamic Music Director/Organist to coordinate and lead music at all worship services, including Sunday mornings, special services planned throughout the year, weddings and funerals. This person will equip and direct volunteer musicians including singers and instrumentalists. The Music Director/Organist will play the church organ at all church services and special events as needed. The Music Director will work with the Pastor in the planning of worship. This individual plays a crucial role in spiritual growth and transformation through music.
Who We Are:
Milford United Methodist Church (MUMC) is located in Milford, NH. MUMC seeks someone who is able to build and grow our current music department. We have a great staff and congregation who are eager to welcome our newest team member. See our website for more about us at milfordumc.org.
What You Will Do In This Position:
Work closely with Pastor to plan and execute passionate, relevant and effective worship that engages people of all ages and abilities:
Develop and Lead Comprehensive Ministry
- Identify, recruit and equip individuals in the congregation and community to provide music at all Sunday morning worship services, other special services throughout the year (including but not limited to Advent, Christmas Eve, Lent, Holy Week, cantatas and concerts).
- Constantly strive to elevate the quality and consistency of music while allowing versatility and creativity in style and format.
- Ensure compliance with copyright and licensing laws by completing all necessary documentation and following guidelines set by licensing and copyright agencies.
- Maintain organization within the music room and storage area.
- Recommend appropriate congregational selections for the worship theme and Christian year.
- Select appropriate choral selections to complement the chosen worship theme.
Other duties as assigned and needed in a growing church
- Notice, name and recruit volunteer musicians and vocalists
- Strengthen and direct the worship choir/musical team
- Work closely with piano accompanist
- Create and direct additional choirs such as youth/children’s choir as the opportunity arises
- Assemble, rehearse and direct choir and any smaller ensembles
- Ensure instruments are well maintained through the scheduling of tuning
Who You Are and What You Will Bring to Our Community:
- Nurture and care for choir members and musicians while seeking to always develop relationships with newcomers to the church and community.
- Manage music budget
- Be an integral part of a small, efficient staff team
What Else You Should Know:
- A Christian with growing faith in and love of the Lord Jesus Christ
- The ability to appreciate and communicate effectively with a wide range of people
- Musical skills, aptitude, training and experience with a diverse range of musical styles
- Skills, aptitude, and experience in equipping other musicians, recruiting volunteer instrumentalists and singers, and promoting discipleship.
- Strong leadership gifts with a personality that enhances enlisting, developing and inspiring others to serve
- A creative spirit that loves to try new things and nurture existing ministries to continued growth
- A proactive, opportunity-seeking approach that loves to learn and grow so our congregation can continue to grow, flourish and make a vital difference in the community.
- Work authorization for employment in the U.S.
We are an equal opportunity employer. The position requires the employee to be on site on Sundays and some evenings. Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to the attention of Staff Parish Relations Committee at email: firstname.lastname@example.org