August 01, 2018
The Greater New Jersey Conference is seeking a full time Camp Director. The Next Generation Ministries (http://gnjnextgen.org) Camp Director serves as the head of camping ministries at the Pinelands and Aldersgate properties, leading camp ministry staff and volunteers to be increasingly effective in providing a world-class camp, conference or retreat experience, aligned with the Next Generation Ministries strategic plan. The camp director brings energy, ministry vision, inspiring leaders, and the ability to attract a growing number of groups and individuals to utilize the tremendous resources of Pineland and Aldersgate.
Essential functions for this position include:
1. Inspire and lead camping staff with a unified vision, in a way consistent with the vision and values of Next Generation Ministries.
2. Manage the hiring of program staff and ensure the effective, well-coordinated implementation of those programs.
3. Develop and expanding menu of innovative programs each year.
4. Provide professional development opportunities for key camping staff.
5. Provide leaders, parents, youth, congregations, GNJ mission partners, conference staff, and the annual conference with magnetic invitations to enjoy the benefits or invest in a conference, retreat, or camp at Pinelands or Aldersgate.
6. Work in consultation with the Executive Director of Next Generation Ministries and the Staff Action Team to implement the Next Generation Ministries strategic plan.
7. Develop and maintain a web of connection among churches and leaders who are champions of Pinelands and Aldersgate.
8. In collaboration with the Camp Operations Director and the Executive Director of Next Generation Ministries, prepare an annual budget for camping ministry.
Qualification for this position are:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Camp Leadership / Certification preferred
Five or more years in a camp/conference or similar work environment
Youth ministry experience ? Proven experience in management and marketing
Experience working with students of varied ages and a variety of cultures ? Experience working with a variety of cultures
More information and an application can be found at: https://www.gnjumc.org/news/camping-and-retreats-director/
Contact: Kristina Zirschky