Background Checks for Pastors
The New England Conference policy requires that all persons [pastors] serving our churches in all categories of conference relationship successfully complete a national criminal background check. Failure to complete the background check will jeopardize an individual’s appointment.
Process for Background Checks
- The release form can be completed online by the person required to have a background check
- Payment can be made online using credit, debit, or PayPal (please note that PayPal processes these transactions, but you do not need a PayPal account to pay by credit or debit.) A personal check can still be used for this transaction, but we still request the release form be filled out online.
- The cost is $55
- Once payment is received, we will send the request to HireRight. Within 24 hours, HireRight will send you an email with further instructions to submit your information in a secure online form.
- Once you have completed the online form (entering your address history, SSN, etc.) it may take up to two weeks for your results.
- Your results will be sent to the Bishop's Office.
The New England Conference policy requires an updated criminal background check every seven years. You will receive an email reminder when you are approaching the seven-year anniversary of your background check. In that reminder, there will be a link for you to access the online authorization form.
If you have received a message regarding your required background check, please click the link below.
If you have questions about this process, please contact Erica Robinson-Johnson, Director of Connectional Ministries/Assistant to the Bishop, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that this form MUST be completed by the person required to have a background check. No other person can authorize the background check for you.