Family Ministry Coordinator
June 23, 2016
Family Ministry Coordinator (15 hours/week)
The leaders of First United Methodist Church of Manchester, NH are seeking a highly motivated individual to coordinate the implementation of specific areas of their new Family Ministry Program.
This coordinator reports to Rev. Geisa Matos-Machuca; the position begins in September, 2016.
What is our Family Ministry?
It is a five-fold program which includes:
- Messy Friday: This is a monthly family event (meal, crafts, and informal worship for all ages). We will make disciples of Jesus Christ through a non-traditional model of doing ministry. This program is both for church and unchurched people.
- “Kids Zone”: Worship service on Sundays designed for kids ages 4-12.
- Summer Camp: A daylong summer camp (for one week).
- Vacation Bible School: Evening program during summer (normally the last week of July).
- “Kingdom Kids,” a nursery for children 0-3.
- Will coordinate the monthly “Messy Friday” and the Sunday morning “Kids Zone” worship programs; this includes publicity, invitations to families, themes to be utilized, activities, meal/ snack planning, as well as recruit and supervise volunteers for both ministries.
- Will promote Family Ministry Programs outside the church and help meet goals and objectives related to “Messy Friday” and “Kids Zone” as stated in the Family Ministry Program proposal.
- Will train a team of gifted people, especially youth, who will work closely with him or her.
- Will foster coaching relationships in the church and beyond the church walls.
- Will support other areas of the Family Ministry Programs as needed.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Experience working with Youth Ministry or Family Ministry highly preferred.
- Some college or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A passion for Christ – a person of genuine and deepening Christian character.
- Dynamic individual with above average interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Computer/technology skills including social media required.
- Pass background check.
- Music skills would be a plus!
If you are interested and want to learn more about this position and program, please contact us or send a cover letter, resume, three references, and one letter of recommendation to both Carl Chalbeck email@example.com
and Karen Cassidy firstname.lastname@example.org
Church phone: (603) 622-8863