October 31, 2017
Job Opening Asbury Grove Camp Meeting Corporation Chaplain Position Credentials: Ordained Pastor or in the process of Ordination, Biblically sound with a strong Faith.
In alignment with The Purpose of Asbury Grove: “The Purpose of Asbury Grove is to be a community were men, women and young people come into a relationship with God through Jesus Christ. This is to be accomplished through worship, Bible study, youth programs, recreation and community life.” Demeanor: Humble, Godly, patient, understanding attitude and bearing the “Fruits of the Spirit”.
1. Attend and lead Sunday vespers from Memorial Day to Labor Day at 4pm; guest preachers most Sundays.
2. Provide substitute preacher as needed.
3. Provide weekly Bible study for community.
4. Lead the Thursday night service (with visiting preachers)
5. Be a pastoral presence in the community (for example, Coffee Shop, Pool, visit cottages).
6. Pastoral visits as necessary.
7. Attend social events as able; usually Saturday evenings. Provide opening prayers as appropriate.
8. Live at least part time in the provided cottage in the Grove.
9. Provide full time leadership during Camp Meeting week; Plan services with assistance from Worship team; coordinate with Camp Meeting Speaker, Music leader and Bible study teacher prior to Camp Meeting.
10. Provide guidance and help for all youth programs. Year-round Responsibilities:
11. Be a voting member of the Worship Committee and attend its meetings.
12. Attend Board of Directors meetings.
13. Be an ex-officio member of the Asbury Grove Corporation and attend its meetings.
14. Work with the Worship Committee in the scheduling, contacting and confirming of Vesper speakers, Mid-Week speakers and Camp Meeting participants.
15. Promote Asbury Grove and itʼs ministries.
Interested parties please contact Worship Committee Chairperson Sandra Meade # 978-998-9924 or send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org