September 06, 2016
By leading and operating all aspects of the youth programs, the Youth Ministries Director will play a vital role in executing the mission of the SUMC youth program: To provide a safe place to support the Christian growth of youth by focusing on relationship, community, fun, spirituality, and service. For the right candidate this position could be made full time.
Position, Compensation, and Work Requirements The position of Youth Ministries Director (YMD) is a part-time position. Tuition reimbursement for classes pertaining to youth ministry is available. The starting salary will be dependent upon related education and experience. The YMD will report to the senior pastor and will work closely with the youth ministries team, the Director of Christian Education, and the Christian Education Commission.
Qualifications • A Christ-centered focus and commitment to serving God through youth ministry. Commitment to youth education. • Ability to plan, organize, lead, and guide complex projects and spontaneous activities related to youth ministries. Previous experience working with youth is desired. • The completion of college-level or higher course work in Christian Education and/or Youth Ministry, and/or comparable experience is desired. • Strong organizational skills and leadership experience. • Excellent verbal and written communication skills. • Competence in basic lay counseling and listening skills appropriate for youth ministry. The ability to protect the reputation and integrity of others through strict confidentiality.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Plan, conduct, coordinate, evaluate, select, and provide resources for the church’s ministry to youth in grades 6 through 12.
2. Build relationships of integrity with youth that become the basis of meeting needs, sharing Christ, and involving youth in peer ministry with other youth.
3. Coordinate all aspects of the 6 – 12th grade youth group programming, ensuring there is an opportunity to develop fellowship, spiritual formation, and a Christian community. Opportunity should be given for youth to plan mission trips, fellowship and fun activities, field trips, etc.
4. Be responsible for securing all necessary funds, travel arrangement, leadership, adult chaperones, and providing Christian teaching throughout youth trips, retreats, and mission/work camp experiences.
5. Meet with the youth ministries team periodically to schedule and plan youth ministry activities.
6. Plan for an August or September youth kick-off event for youth ministry.
7. Develop relationships and maintain regular communication with parents of participating youth.
8. Coordinate roles and responsibilities of youth mentors. Provide support, encouragement, Christian community and spiritual nurture for volunteer youth workers through regular prayer.
9. Provide leadership and planning assistance for those services led by or those which involve participation by the youth of the congregation. Foster active youth participation in the worship life of the congregation. Attendance at worship service is expected.
Administrative matters of the Church
1. Attend regularly and specially-called staff meetings and retreats.
2. Attend youth ministry team, church council, charge conference, Christian Education commission, and other meetings as needed or requested.
3. Prepare, submit, and administer a youth budget and annual goals for the church fiscal year in consultation with the youth ministries team, pastor, and treasurer.
4. Prepare and submit an annual summary report of the mission, goals, plans, and successes in youth ministry to the pastor and other church committees as requested.
5. Conduct the ministry in compliance with the SUMC Safe Sanctuary policies.
6. Submit weekly information to the Communications Coordinator regarding youth events.
7. Assist in other projects, as assigned by the pastor or youth ministries team.
Contact: Shetal Kaye
Address: 251 Old Sudbury Rd Sudbury MA 01776